As required by Section 4 of your Common Crop Insurance Policy Basic Provisions (11-br), we are notifying you that on June 30, 2016, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Risk Management Agency (RMA) revised the Common Crop Insurance Policy Basic Provisions (17-BR), Catastrophic Risk Protection Endorsement (17-CAT), and Area Risk Protection Insurance Basic Provisions (17-ARPI) to incorporate changes due to the:
• 2014 Farm Bill Final Rule published in the Federal Register on June 30, 2016;
• Double Cropping Final Rule with Request for Comments published in the Federal Register on June 22, 2016;
• Ineligibility Amendment; and
• Farm Bill Amendment
The new provisions are effective for the 2017 and succeeding crop years for all crops with a 2017 contract change date on or after June 30, 2016, and for the 2018 and succeeding crop years for all crops with a 2017 contract change date prior to June 30, 2016.
Additionally, on June 29, 2016 the RMA released a Manager’s Bulletin (MGR-16-005) that amends the field location reporting requirements as specified in Section 6(c)(5) of the Basic Provisions (17-br). Beginning with the 2017 reinsurance year, you must report field location on the acreage report for the following insurance plans:
• 01 Yield Protection
• 02 Revenue Protection
• 03 Revenue production with Harvest Price Exclusion
• 04 Area Yield Protection
• 05 Area Revenue Protection
• 06 Area Revenue Protection with Harvest Price Exclusion.
You can meet the field location reporting requirement by:
• Providing the Farm Services Agency (FSA) Farm, Tract, and Field Number; or otherwise
• Clearly identifying the field location(s) and associated boundaries using a map-based resource that clearly delineates the location of the field(s).